Please follow these simple guidelines to set up and prepare your files for output.
Die-cut template paths (Dieline file)
After we receive your order, CustomBoxesTech.com will send you a template (dieline) to prepare your artwork. Verify the dimensions and orientation of dieline for which you are creating your artwork. Check to see if there are any “safe viewable areas”, cut-outs, glue area, crease (folding line) that must be considered in creating your layouts. Include 1/8 inch bleed. Create files in CMYK mode. Provide all fonts or all fonts outlined. Provide all linked artwork embed images.
Samples: CAD sample / Mockup sample
You may also request sample box before production, It ensure the carton is in correct dimension for your product & shipping package as well as your box style design.
CAD sample (blank sample)
CAD sample is a plain demo box without any printing made from our professional cardboard plotter machine base on the dieline file you upload.It ensure the carton is in correct dimension for your product & shipping package as well as your box style design. This is strongly recommended as a secure process. CAD sample option is also available in any CustomBoxesTech.com product page for your convenience.
Mockup (Full color sample)
Mockup is demo box with printing made from our professional cardboard plotter machine based on your uploaded artwork file. It ensures the carton is in correct dimension for your product & shipping package as well as your box style design. Mockup box packaging is strongly recommended as a secure process.
Artwork files: guidelines and suggestions
- NO dimensions and orientation changes of our dieline template.
- Dieline templates and your artwork must be in separate layers.
- Do not flatten the dieline template. Leave it in vector form.
- Additional options, like foil stamping, embossing, spot UV, PMS color etc., must be in separate layers with proper naming.
- A minimum of 0.125 inch bleed around the perimeter of your artwork is required.
- All fonts must be outlined.
- All images must be in CMYK mode and linked.